Sunday 1 April 2012

Strawberries...

For me there are two things that when I see them in the markets make me smile and think about Spring. Daffodils and strawberries. It means spring is here and we can start a new season, cooking with new and fresh ingredients. Strawberries is one of those ingredients you can use in a thousand different ways. During my time in England I learnt to make preserve and while I was in the States I ate them with cream. But there is one way I loved and that is the way my mum prepares them with vinegar!
It might not sound very appetizing but I can promise you that you will be surprised with the result!

Ingredients:

1 kg. Strawberries
Sugar
Vinegar

-



wash strawberries throughly, slice them and place them in a bowl. Using a ladle add a spoonful of vinegar (apple cider vinegar works well as well as wine vinegar).
Then add about six or seven spoonfuls of sugar and leave it for about 3 hours until the strawberries release their juice and becomes a syrup. If you leave it for a day the syrup will be even more delicious!

If you want you can adjust the recipe and add more or less sugar depending of taste... I hope you like it!




No comments:

Post a Comment