Sunday 7 November 2010

my first pumpkin soup of this season

I made this soup slightly different from other ones I have made before. I roasted the pumpkin first with garlic in the oven and then I pureed it with broth and chilli.
recipe as follow:
1 butternut squash cut in small pieces
4 garlic cloves
olive oil (to taste)
1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes (or more if you like the heat!)
2 teaspoons of butter

preheat oven to 180 degrees, in a large roasting pan mix the butternut squash, garlic cloves and a gulp of olive oil and mix well with a pinch of salt and chilli flakes.
Leave in oven for about 30 minutes or until soft and golden.
In a pot mix butternut squash with vegetable broth (I make mine sometimes with a vegetable broth cube to save time). Once it has boiled, blend with a blender.
Taste for seasoning and serve!
You can freeze the rest for another day or keep it in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment